We are two mommas! Together we love fashion, art and cupcakes! Here are our adventures in living our dreams and trying to start a cupcake boutique. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And the verdict is....

So for my first attempt at a new recipe I chose blueberry cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting. I must say that they turned out  pretty darn good! At least, thats what the folks that tried them at the salon said. Im inclined to believe them, since I haven't been able to stop eating them! I've had three, count them three mini cupcakes today! But when something looks this good, how can you not?
My victory would not have been possible had Cat not made a couple of successful batches herself. In fact, I think she was much more ambitious: she made a white cupcake with pink buttercream frosting, and a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Both quite tasty and delicious. Unfortunately, we figured out that they had been cooked a wee bit too long, and so I adjusted the cooking time for these blueberry babies by cutting it by about five minutes. Success!
-Priscilla

2 comments:

  1. Wow the blueberry cupcakes sound like they were super delish! You will have to fedex me a batch ;-). Keep up the good work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I almost forgot...FIRST! ;-) LOL

    ReplyDelete