We are two mommas! Together we love fashion, art and cupcakes! Here are our adventures in living our dreams and trying to start a cupcake boutique. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wake up call

New cupcake!  So I love coffee and coffee flavored food items so why not make an espresso cupcake!
Well I did!  There is espresso shots AND grounds in the cake and the frosting is a buttercream sprinkled with more espresso.  This is the first cupcake I made that I am proud of!  First all because I didn't follow a recipe for the espresso, I just did it by feeling, and second because when my hubby bit into the first one he exclaimed " OH MY GOSH!"  and he eyes were so wide!  I was scared at first thinking they were that bad, but he was like "NO this is amazing!"  So a few taste tests later and we've decided that this one is a winner!  I still have to perfect baking time with these little guys, but overall feedback has been good!  I have to give credit to the husband for naming this guy, so introducing....CUP 'O JOE!





Speaking of taste tests I need to give thanks to all the clients and staff at The Beauty Lounge in Brentwood and to the staff at Duarte Design Inc. in Mountain View Ca.  Thank you for ALL the feedback,  good or bad!  Stay tuned for cupcake parties that we will be hosting for more taste tests!!!


-Cat

1 comment:

  1. Um, yum. I want one right now. And the name is pure genius. Keep it up, cupcake!

    ReplyDelete