We are two mommas! Together we love fashion, art and cupcakes! Here are our adventures in living our dreams and trying to start a cupcake boutique. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No, this is not deja vu...

Its funny how much Cat and I seem to be telepathically connected.


Let me explain. While she was dealing with a party poopers, I was dealing with dried up, old looking chocolate babies...weird, right?  Both of us were trying out new cakes, and I decided to be all ambitious n stuff and take on a mexican hot chocolate flavored cake with dark chocolate and chilli pepper frosting. My shout out to my heritage and all. Piece of cake, or so I thought. My recipe was made specifically for mini cupcakes...no problem, right?


Wrong! As you can see, they were dry as the Sahara. Too long in the oven. The recipe called for 14 minutes...so wrong! Luckily I had a double batch so I took cooking time down to 10 min and...





Voila! Success! I got great reviews on this hot little chocolate baby... whew!

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment