We are two mommas! Together we love fashion, art and cupcakes! Here are our adventures in living our dreams and trying to start a cupcake boutique. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Red Balloon

A little insight into to all things me...well one thing me.  While taking an art appreciation class at a junior college, YEARS ago, I became enamored with the movie "The Red Balloon".  Just the image of that red with all the grey.  LOVED it.  Stuck in my head for always.  I even tried to recreate it in a dance I choreographed for a competition dance team.  The girls wore all grey school uniforms and the red balloon moved around the stage from girl to girl.  After the season I was determined to have that red balloon in my home.  I remade the balloon, this time out of paper mache, and it stood in the corner of my stairwell for a year or two.  The paper mache was too heavy and it constantly fell over till it finally broke.  Now we are in a new house and I am still haunted by the red balloon, so.... I remade it!  This time completely out of crochet thread.  Previously I had the balloon on the end of copper wire so it can "float" from the ground up, but the thread was so delicate that I couldn't do that this time.  My hubby surprised me when I got home and this is what my red balloon looks like now.  (oh he added the note)


The note reads, "we absolutely have no money. But it's fine because we have each other."
-Cat.

1 comment:

  1. There is something about red ballons, isn't there? And against a gray sky.. or anything gray. So, so pretty. So is this hanging? How is it floating? Such a great idea.. I may have to copy it! Oh and that note--precious. You two are so dang adorable.

    ReplyDelete